Faith and Economic Justice
The loving God of all demands that human beings order their economic life justly.
Protestants for the Common Good works, though education and advocacy, to promote a sustainable and healthy economy in which all persons can share; fund governmental functions adequately, with priority given to quality public education and social services for those most in need, based on fair, stable, and responsive taxation; and reduce the growing income inequality that undermines human solidarity and the common good.
Read our articles on Economic Justice
- Structural Tax Reform
- Opposition to Government-sponsored Gambling
- Poverty Elimination
- TANF Grant Adequacy
- Minimum Wage/Living Wage
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Affordable Housing: Housing Set-Asides and Inclusionary Zoning
- Principles for Promoting Affordable Housing (pdf)
- Principles for Welfare and Poverty Reform (pdf)
- A Declaration of Resistance to Inequality (pdf)
- PCG Resolution on Casino Gambling (pdf)
Join us on our journey for justice and the common good! Download the Common Good Agenda and learn about our programs and advocacy opportunities.
“Compassion and justice are companions, not choices.”
—William Sloane Coffin, Jr.